So this is the first post for my blog. I will be documenting my time in the Awesome Inc U bootcamp. This is the end of week one and we have done quite a bit in a short amount of time. This week we mainly focused on html and bootstrap frameworks along with some procedural items. One of the coolest things that I have learned this week is that with the bootstrap frame work you can add items to your page that can be resized on any device to promote cross-platform compatability. In learning these skills I feel that I am picking up momentum in my journey to become a web developer. However with the momentum I have found some things I need to work on as well. I understand how to make everything functional and presentable but making everything look "good" is a challenge. My skills in actually designing the page are lacking but I will find a way to overcome this shortcoming. I did find one resource this week that I believe could be helpful to the class moving forward. The resource is a bulk image resize tool. With this tool you can get your pictures to be a uniform size to be used in carousels on the page. This post really just hits some highlights but as I learn I'm sure these posts will grow.
This week we have been posed the question of how we feel now compared to when we started this bootcamp. I honestly had no idea how I would ever be able to learn all that I needed within a 12 week span when we began, but now I am reconsidering this notion. I started this bootcamp with absolutely no prior coding knowledge but seeing where I am now I have no doubt that I will be fully prepared by the end of week 12. I have grown my computational thinking as well as my comfortability in my new craft. I see how much of a creative process this career is and how much fun it can be to create things for others to interact with. We had yet another project this week that was modeled to closely reflect the work environment by utilizing groups and SCRUM methodolgy. We started the project with a discovery and design phase by meeting with a mock client and asking some questions to form our ideas. We then designed our layout within our group to get the minimum viable product that we would accept. Following the design phase we utilized Trello to facilitate our sprint using personas and stories to keep up with who was working on which part of the project. I was in charge of building our data structure and recalling info from what I had built. The project as a whole was very helpful to see what the actual work environment would be like. We worked in small groups and had to come up with a uniform look and UI for the website. It was a very collaborative process and showed just how important communication is during the process.